Welcome to another round of tag questions and answers! Today I’m going to combine both nominations for the Real Neat Blog Award from MeghanPlaysGames and The Liebster Award from Frostilyte Writes. Thank you to both Meghan and Frostilyte in taking the chance I’d have something interesting to say…
<Narrator:> He didn’t…
Alright, let’s start with Meghan’s questions…
- How do you take your coffee? If you don’t drink coffee, what’s your go-to, pick-me-up drink?
Black – A nice smooth cold brew coffee is my beverage of choice whether I’m working or gaming.
2. What’s your go-to game since we’ve been in quarantine?
There’s been quite a few – during the past six weeks or so I’ve been keeping myself busy with Animal Crossing: New Horizons, DOOM Eternal, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, MLB The Show 20, Forza Horizons 4, Jedi: Fallen Order and the Final Fantasy VII Remake. I can scratch playing AND completing Chrono Trigger from my bucket list as well.
3. What’s your favorite dinosaur?
Umm….I guess I could say Brontosaurus. I can’t say exactly why I was drawn to the lumbering thunder lizard but it’s been a favorite since I was a kid.
4. What’s a memorable quote from a book/movie/song/video game that you love?
Red Dead Redemption 2 had many moments of profound impact over the course of the 80+ hour main story. Here is one of my favorite quotes from Arthur in the game as he attempts to reconcile his guilt of the past and to proceed forward with his life.
We can’t change what’s done, we can only move on…Arthur Morgan
5. If you could go back and see one artist/band in concert that no longer plays shows anymore, who would it be?
It’s hard to not immediately jump to something along the lines of seeing Led Zeppelin, Queen, or Pink Floyd on tour during the 70’s. Led Zeppelin at somewhere like Madison Square Garden or Queen at Wembley Stadium back then would have been pretty impressive.
6. Do you have any tattoos? If not, would you ever get one?
Nope. Not particularly fond of needles….so it’s not real likely
7. Share a screenshot from a game you’ve been playing recently.
I’ve spent the majority of my time playing the FFVII Remake over the past couple weeks, so here’s a random screenshot from this absolutely gorgeous game.
And now for Frostilyte’s questions….
- We’re four months into the year – what’s your favorite game you’ve played thus far?
There’s been a selection of great games so far this year…if I had to point to a favorite it would most likely be DOOM Eternal. I loved the hell out of every minute I’ve played of it(lame pun not intended).
2. What’s your favorite Pokémon?
Either Gyrados, Charizard or Snorlax. I usually can’t name just a single Pokémon when asked…
3. Have you watched any shows recently that you’d highly recommend?
I haven’t really watched many new shows recently, most of my time spent watching tv has either been watching old episodes of The Simpsons or random history/documentary type stuff. Now that I think of it, I did watch through Tiger King on Netflix. I’m not sure I’d go as far as to say I recommend it, but it was….entertaining to say the least.
4. What was your favorite movie of 2019?
Again, I admittedly didn’t watch as many new movies in 2019 as I would have liked to, especially in theaters. I’d probably say Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, I love Quentin Tarantino movies and really any movies with a (somewhat)historical backdrop.
5. How do you feel about games with no single player content?
I’m fine with it to a degree…there’s a difference between being solely multiplayer GAME and game MODE. The game that jumps to mind first would have to be Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. It didn’t have a single player campaign, but I genuinely enjoyed the multiplayer and zombie modes. My favorite game mode was Blackout, which played like a much smoother PUBG-battle royale game mode. I wish I enjoyed Warzone as much as I did Blackout…
6. What is your least favorite genre of video game?
I don’t usually point at a particular genre and say I don’t enjoy it in some form, but there are genres that I don’t enjoy as much as others. I would typically point to RTS and Strategy type games mostly because of being utterly terrible at them and not having been exposed to them as I was exclusively a console gamer growing up. I’d have to try MMOs in there as well…
7. What is your favorite genre of video game?
Growing up a console gamer, my strongest genres of games would have to be platformers and action/adventure type games. Particularly Nintendo franchises like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.
8. What game from your backlog have you recently finished?
This past weekend I finally completed Chrono Trigger! I wrote briefly about the game for a #MaybeInMarch post as I had hoped to finish the game during the month. Once I realized it would not be able to complete it before the end of the March, I slowed down a bit and went around doing a bunch of side quests and other things since I was loving the game so much. It is truly one of the best RPGs I’ve been able to experience for myself. Better late than never, right?
9. Physical or digital?
I tend to skew more towards digital copies of games, at least newer ones. I don’t live in a very large place so I TRY to only buy physical copies of games that are either A) much cheaper or B) not as available digitally. I bought a PS2 from my local game store pre-quarantine and have picked up a few games here and there to build a modest collection.
<Alexa voice> Pine cone – the cone or strobile of a pine tree.
Here are my questions in return, I haven’t tagged anyone specific. If you would like to answer any question(s) feel free to leave your answers in the comments. Tonight, I’m probably gonna kick back and play some more of the Final Fantasy VII Remake…there’s still children that need to be rounded up in the slums of Midgar…
- What would be the most frustrating game you’ve ever played?
- Many of us had to make a choice growing up (Super Nintendo vs. Genesis, N64 vs. Playstation) – Do you ever wonder what would have happened if you would have chosen the other option? (deep, huh?)
- Is there a remake of a game/movie that you feel is better than the original? If so, which one?
- What do you think is the least-terrible video game movie adaptation?
- Have you ever been “tricked” by a game – you enjoyed it at first, but grew to dislike it later on?
- Inverted controls…absolutely! or no way!
- Western or JRPGs?
Thanks for reading!